Managing multiple PT offices represents a challenge. You’ll need to schedule patient appointments, track payments from insurance companies, manage payroll, and much more.
It’s not surprising that some PTs get frustrated trying to do everything on their own. While you can certainly use spreadsheets and multiple software solutions to keep track of everything, it requires a lot of work and organization to do it.
Of course, you need to know which software will work best for your practice. Here are the features you should look for when you evaluate medical practice management software.
Patient scheduling is a priority for every PT practice. When you look at practice management software, you should look for the following capabilities.
- Cloud-based scheduling is ideal for managing multiple practices because it allows you to look at schedules across practices from anywhere.
- Scheduling should tie into patient records and documents, so you can provide the best care possible.
- Tracking cancellations and no-shows is a must.
- Streamlining patient check-ins can help you save time and improve the patient experience.
- Alert system for patients that have fallen off the radar. You don’t want any of your patients to fall through the cracks because they forgot to schedule at their last appointment or they went on vacation.
You may also want to look for additional features like appointment reminders and an appointment slot finder to save your staff time when scheduling appointments and following up.
Electronic Medical Records Management
Managing EMR is essential to every successful practice. You’ll need to find medical practice management software that allows you to:
- Comply with HIPAA and insurance regulations and requirements
- Access patient charts and records from anywhere, on any device
- Work with staff to integrate the patient experience and provide top-notch care
- Get an immediate overview of a patient’s status and follow up on scheduling and missing documents
- Track case, claim, and policy information
The right EMR management solution will simplify compliance while also helping you treat your patients with compassion and efficiency.
Billing & Reports
Cash flow can be a crippling problem for any PT practice. The practice management software you choose should:
- Have tools designed specifically for your type of medical practice
- Allow you to aggregate financial information easily
- Help you manage patient payments and refunds
- Centralize your billing and make it easy to follow up on bills and claims
- Track your practice revenue
In other words, you want software that will make it easy to bill patients, track insurance claims, and monitor the financial health of your practice all in one place.
Sales & Inventory Management
Do you have an online shop on your PT practice website? If you do, you’ll want to make sure the medical practice management software you choose will allow you to:
- Access sales and inventory information from anywhere
- Manage each practice’s inventory so you have only the items and codes you need
- Create sales reports to help you track your sales activity
- Analyze your best sellers
- Create promo codes for patients to use
- Adapt for packages and punch card items sold
Ideally, you’d also choose a solution that will help you create a custom online store for your site, so you can make sure your patients get what they need from you.
Marketing is essential if you want to retain your existing patients and attract new ones. That means you’ll need a practice management solution that:
- Allows you to track and analyze marketing campaigns from any web-enabled device
- Lets you schedule and send promotional faxes and emails
- Identifies your most successful marketing campaigns
- Tracks patient referrals
- Sets automatic reminders and follow-ups
- Keeps track of leads and referral sources
There aren’t many medical practice management software solutions that include a marketing element, but having one can simplify your job.
Credit Card Processing
Finally, you should look for practice management software that makes it easy for you to collect and process credit card payments. You need software that will:
- Allow patients to pay online or in person
- Let you accept credit, debit, and loyalty cards
- Provide full protection from data breaches
Accepting credit card payments should be easy, not difficult – and the right software will streamline the process for you, your staff, and your patients.
How Does HENO Measure Up?
You might be wondering how HENO measures up to the requirements we’ve outlined here. You should know that HENO handles:
- Patient scheduling
- EMR management
- Patient billing
- Sales & inventory management
- Marketing management
- Credit card payments
We’ve worked hard to create comprehensive practice management software that will simplify your job and make it easy to grow your practice.
Are you ready to see what HENO can do for your PT practice? Click here to schedule your free demo today.